Linux and Microsoft SQL. Possible configuration for SugarCRM?
Ok. Built a Ubuntu server using the version per the OS supported guide. Followed by installing all of the requirements including the versions for PHP, Apache, MySQL, etc.. I am now in business with one thing; I need this to use a SQL Server (and not MySQL). Any guides available on setting Sugar,PHP, Apache, etc. to work with a SQL Server?
The first response from the Community Manager has been:
At this time, our plan is to support MSSQL in Sugar 7 starting with version 7.5. This is subject to change, but is the current estimate. In 6.5.x, MSSQL is only supported on an IIS Server as the MS Driver is required. Using Linux and MSSQL is not currently supported.
Apparently it seems that it is not possible to install SugarCRM (especially version 7 of SugarCRM) on the software stack, Linux and Microsoft SQL Server. Although officially SugarCRM does not support this configuration, you can install SugarCRM on Linux that uses Microsoft SQL Server as the database, just simply install the driver FreeTDS on Linux and MSSQL PHP module.
For the purpose I have created a Virtual Appliance able to accommodate the installation of SugarCRM + Linux + MSSQL Module to connect to Microsoft SQL Server. This Virtual Appliance based on Ubuntu 14 to install SugarCRM with support for Microsoft SQL Server. The software stack is the following:
- OS: Ubuntu Server 14.04 Kernel 188.8.131.52 x86_64
- PHP: 5.3.28 +MSSQL Module (by phpbrew)
- TDS: FreeTDS Driver + Utilities (tsql)
- Web Server: Apache 2.4 (rewrite module enabled)
There are also two apache Virtual Host:
- crm-ce.shirus-labs.local => SugarCRM CE 6.5.17 (document root /var/www/html/sugarcrm-ce)
- crm-ee.shirus-labs.local => SugarCRM 7.2 (document root /var/www/html/sugarcrm-ee)
I have successfully installed the CE version of SugarCRM with Microsoft SQL Express 2008 as the database.
I exported the machine in OVF 2.0 format and available on DropBox.
- Setup SugarCRM 7.2 select db type SQL Server https://www.dontesta.it/?attachment_id=3009
- SugarCRM CE 6.5.17 Detail Installation Review https://www.dontesta.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/SugarCE6517_Setup_Confirm_Settings.pdf
- System PHP Info https://www.dontesta.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/phpinfo.pdf
Of course, remember that this type of configuration is not supported by SugarCRM 7.2.
Well done. At this URL https://www.dropbox.com/s/7483t4jmv5v… you can download the VM. Username and password for this VM are: amusarra/amusarra
If the content offered in this article have been helpful to you, you give me back the favor by sharing this article on social networking channels, so as to make it useful for others what I have written.